ONE is dedicated to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website.
- ONE does not sell, rent or trade personal information collected at our site. Contests that are co-sponsored will clearly state who the sponsors are and any and all intended use of the information requested.
- ONE does not collect personally identifiable information about web site visitors except when the individual knowingly and voluntarily provides such information (when entering contests, subscribing on-line to our various services
- When you visit the ONE web site you will not be required to provide any information, but like other establishments, ONE may utilize a technology called a “cookie” to collect information to improve our level of service to you. Your browser will store the “cookie” information on your hard drive and when you return to ONE that cookie sends the information back to our server. Cookies provide a way for a server to recall a previous request or previous registration or to keep track of a transaction in progress. By themselves “cookies” can not be used to determine the user’s identity
- ONE’s e-mail newsletter is sent out only to those individuals who have requested this and or have advised ONE that they would like to be receive email correspondence regarding upcoming programs, specials etc. All subscribers to the newsletter are automatically entered in a monthly draw for a single prize each month. All subscribers, in the event they win a prize, consent to the use of their name and city of residence for advertising and publicity purposes, including reproduction, publication, broadcast, use on the Internet, and any other use without restriction and without further compensation. Winners will be contacted by email. If the winner does not respond within 5 business days, a new winner will be selected. All emails that you receive from ONE will inform you how you can be removed from our mailing list.
- We hold all our employees accountable for maintaining the privacy of our website visitors.
VisionTV and its related companies (referred to together as “VisionTV”) are committed to safeguarding information provided to us by all third parties, in particular donors and viewers.
We do not sell or share non-public personal information of individuals outside of VisionTV, except as permitted or required by law. Our privacy statement describes the steps we take to protect each individual’s information and explains when non-public personal information may be shared with other parties.
Who We Are
VisionTV is registered charity and operates television specialty channels and related websites. Primarily, we provide multi-faith and multi-cultural television programming to over 8 million Canadian homes. Through our websites www.visiontv.ca and www.onebodymindspiritlove.com we also create and distribute multimedia content over the internet.
Types of Information We Collect
When you, as a viewer or a donor or a person interested in VisionTV, provide us with your non-public personal information we collect and use this information to facilitate your donation and issue a tax receipt and to respond to any of your requests or comments. The non-public personal information we collect falls into the following categories:
- Information we receive from you as part of a charitable donation.
- Information you provide when submitting a comment on one of our programs or requesting details about VisionTV.
- Information you provide when entering one of our contests.
- Other general information that we may obtain about you such as demographic information.
In order to fulfill our obligations as a registered charity and a television station, we may share non-public personal information under the limited circumstances described below:
A) Within VisionTV
B) Outside of VisionTV
We may share non-public personal information with third party companies outside of VisionTV only as permitted by law. Below are some examples of third parties to whom we may disclose non-public personal information. While these examples do not cover every situation permitted under the law, we hope they help you understand how your information may be shared. We may share non-public personal information:
- With companies that work for us to provide services or process transactions you’ve requested. For example, we may use companies to assist us with mailing statements, processing cheques, or providing online transactions or account maintenance capabilities.
- When permitted or required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or other legal process or the use of your social insurance number to submit tax reports to Canada Customs and Revenue Agency.
Additionally, we may disclose non-public personal information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other charities and television stations with whom we have joint marketing agreements. If this occurs we will ensure that the outside companies with whom we do business are under contractual obligations to protect the confidentiality of your information, and to use it only to provide the services we have agreed they shall perform.
If you wish to withdraw consent to your personal information being collected, used and disclosed for the purposes listed above, please contact us at the number or address listed below. However, in some circumstances, legal requirements may prevent you from withholding or withdrawing consent
Our employees are required to follow procedures with respect to maintaining the confidentiality of non-public personal information. Additionally, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information. This includes performing ongoing evaluations of our systems containing non-public personal information and making changes when appropriate.
If, for any reason, your personal information needs to be updated or changed, please contact us immediately. We will promptly correct the information and address any inquiries.
Your Comments Are Welcome
64 Jefferson Avenue